Wednesday, March 18, 2015

After hours trading summary


This was a roller-coaster day where the FED once again saved the market. The fear of a rates hike scared investors, but even if Yellen removed the word "patient" from her speech, rates will remain at their current level.
"The Fed was... far more dovish than what the market was looking for and that's why we rallied," said Krishna Memani, chief investment officer at Oppenheimer Funds. - Yahoo Finance
That automatically made everything from gold to oil to stocks surge. The only big loser was the US dollar against other currencies. 

That's why I transfered a lot of my US dollars in Canadian dollar to invest in oil stocks. I bought cos.to(cos.ca) at $8.97 CAD today, which already jumped 7%. What's even better is that when oil is moving up I'm profiting in two ways; first with the oil stock itself, and then with the strengthening of the Canadian dollar. For those of you who dont know, Canada's economy rely heavily on oil, so oil prices and their stock market are highly correlated.

The stock I bought yesterday, FIVE, didn't move a lot today, and I'm hoping for more action tommorow or friday.

Gold was on fire today after Yellen's speech, with miners up around 5% and NUGT up 15%. I may jump back in gold later this week or next week. 

How was trading for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share