Friday, March 20, 2015

Premarket trading plan summary


This should be a good day! Oil is up premarket and my COS.TO (COS.CA) should benefit from it. I’m still analyzing Canadian oil companies like Suncor Energy. I believe they represent probably the best opportunity out there for those who hold US dollars. This is mainly for two reasons.

The first reason is that when oil will go up, the stocks of those companies will also go up. Secondly is that the Canadian dollar versus the US is positively correlated to oil. Therefore, the potential is enormous.

As an example, let’s say I’m sitting on $10,000 USD that I want to trade/invest with. If I convert it to Canadian dollars I will have about $12,500 CAD. Let’s say I buy COS.CA at $9 per share it gives me about 1390 shares. If oil goes up and COS.CA goes back up to let say $12, and I sell them, I would get $16,680 CAD. Amazing right? Wait! Wait!

If oil goes up it also means the Canadian dollar will go up against the US dollar. So instead of CAD/USD at about 0.78 it could be 0.85 or even 0.9. If it’s 0.85 and I exchange my Canadian dollars back to USD I would now have around $14,200 USD. This is far more than if I would have invested in an equivalent US oil company.

I also see gold zigzagging around $1,170 an ounce and I’ll be watching miners closely today. Have a good trading day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share